OpenHole Multistage Fracturing Operations with Saltel FracPackers
- A Gas producer horizontal well with openhole multi-stage completion (ball-drop sleeves) 4-1/2in 13.5 lb. /ft. P110 run in 6-1/8in openhole.
- The client selected a combination of 2 different Isolation Packers: 15 Hydromechanical Isolation packers (competition) with 5 Saltel Expandable Steel FracPackers located at the toe.
FracPacker is a patented metal expandable packer specially designed for OH multistage frac operations. Saltel Industries provided five 10k 4-1/2in ISO 14310 V3 qualified to 10,000psi (68.9Mpa) differential pressure. The FracPackers came set on 10ft Pup Joint (4-1/2in 13.5ppf P110), with pin-box LT&C connections.
The short length of the packer (3.3ft) combined with its reduced intial diameter (5-1/2in) facilitated the Running In Hole. The Saltel FracPackers were first run to depth from 12,675ft (3,850m) to 13,800ft (4,200m) in the horizontal section, then successfully expanded a couple of months later with the frac fleet.
- The FracPackers enabled successful Shale Fracturing Operations.
- Frac pressure of the zones varied between 5,945psi and 7,395psi (41MPa to 51MPa)
- 335m3 to 454m3 of frac sand have been pumped in the intervals