Saltel casing Patch is an economic way to stimulate the well production or to avoid plug and abandonment operation. One of the best advantages of an Xpandable Casing Patch is the maximum internal diameter provided post-installation, leaving full access to the well below, along with the ID initially requested by the client, and validated by our dedicated software (job planner) prior to the casing patch installation.
The Patch is a permanent solution used to repair a zone of damaged tubing or casing, to shut-off unwanted perforations, to seal a leaking sliding sleeve or other remedial operations. This expandable short length of tubular is made from high-quality stainless steel with an elastomer outer skin and a profiled sealing system, the Saltel Patch is run on tubing, drill pipe, or coil tubing. At depth, the Patch is expanded using a high-pressure inflatable Packer and pushed against the casing to activate the outer seals. The setting tools are extracted to leave a pressure-resistant inner lining inside the well.
The Downhole expansion tool is positioned inside the Expandable Steel Patch. The inflatable packer section is then inflated enough to grip the inside of the Patch (not enough to start expansion). The assembly is Run In Hole to the setting zone. The packer is inflated using pressure from the surface to expand the top of the Patch, anchoring it in place. The packer is then deflated, run in 3 ft / 1 m, and the next section is expanded. This is repeated as often as necessary until the full length is expanded, and BHA is pulled back to surface.
- Life of the well solution
- Seal effectively in oval, out of gauge or irregular borehole
- Repair damaged or corroded casing
- Seal off leaking couplings or separated pipe
- The high expansion ratio enables running the Patch with a large clearance, avoiding sticking problems while running in hole
- A real time setting controller verifies the ID of the set Patch during the operation. Any anomaly can be immediately detected and corrected.
- Tubulars primarily made from 321 stainless steel
- Outer skin in hydrogenated nitrile (HNBR) profiled to ensure a good seal
- The Patch will set effectively in any intermediate diameter within its range
- Seals effectively even with ovalisation up to 25% in casing
- A second patch can be run through a previous Patch and set below (except in heavy weight casing / thick Patch, see products specs)
- Leave large ID access to the well below for most standard tools
- Production Optimization
- Water, Gas & Sand shut-off
- Modifying injection profiles Well Maintenance & Repair
- Casing & Tubing Repair
- Parted Casing
- Screen repair Completion Repair
- Frac ports
- DV tools
- Sliding sleeves
Repair damaged or corroded pipelines Saltel Industries and Atteris have combined their expertise and technology to develop a range of new pipeline repair methods. This game-changing technology is based on…
Parted casing or tubing
Cover parted section with casing patch Challenge The parted casing is the result of a tubular exceeding its mechanical limits due to overpressure rates during stimulation, excessive loading, or tectonic movement….
Damaged sand screen repair
Sand Screens can be damaged with sand migrating through the slots. Abrasion is the primary reason for screen failure due to excessive sand production Challenge Screen erosion is always a major…
Split casing repair
Casing splits threatening the production. Challenge It is imperative that producers have intact well integrity management. Their oil and gas-producing wells are expected to withstand significant production rates. Failure to achieve…
Corroded casing repair
Addressing downhole metal oxidation issues Challenge Oilfield well tubulars must cope with corrosive liquids and salted water. Metal oxidation can appear as from 6 months, due to the casing exposure…
Damaged Casing Repair
How a damaged casing will jeopardize your production Challenge Maintenance and repair of well tubular is a major concern for operators. The integrity of the casing string is indeed intimately…